Hometown Sports
Don't Miss

Terrace completes late comeback to top Cyclones

Photo by Kathy Reed
By Kenny Varner

LEWISTOWN – Running it down to the wire!

The running game was on full display Saturday afternoon as the Terrace Tigers and Derry Decatur Cyclone rolled in to play in the first game of the Central Keystone Football and Cheer League championship weekend.

Leading the running attack for the Cyclones was Brady Kahley. Kahley was a man on a mission as he posted a 225-yard effort in the first half alone. He finished with 285.

For the Terrace, they were led by the strong speed running of Isaac Torres. Torres also had an outstanding first half of 125 yards on the ground. He finished with a 227- yard running game. Teammate Dean Armstrong finished exactly at 100.

With just seconds to go on the clack, Armstrong took the ball on an end around 35-yards for the winning touchdown and Torres scored the Extra Point as the Tigers took home the 26-25 contest in an Central Keystone instant classic.

In the first quarter, Derry Decatur immediately went to work as it took them just three plays to find the endzone. Kahley broke loose and muscled it in from 49-yards out.

But the Tigers battled right back, scoring on its first possession.

The ball was fed to Torres as he ran for 42 yards before reaching paydirt, scoring from four yards out, tying things at six.

In the second, the Cyclones worked the ball downfield once again as Kahley ran through for a 11-yard TD run, giving them back the lead.

After a fumble recovery, the Cyclones scored once again, they got the ball to Kahley and he notched his third TD of the game.

Terrace got back into the game as they handed it off once again to Torres as he scored from 25 yards out.

But it would be Derry Decatur that took the lead at the half 18-12.

But after the intermission, the Cyclones scored once again, via a strong defensive effort.

After scooping up a Terrace fumble, Kahley gave his team a 25-12 advantage.

However, the Tigers battled their way back.

With 2:15 left in the third, Torres broke off another long run, this one was 22 yards, cutting the Cyclones lead to 25-19.

The Tigers rallied late as they got the ball late in the game and rolled down the field.

This time, Terrace went to Dean Armstrong. Armstrong did not disappoint as he blazed his way downfield for the game tying 35-yard touchdown run with 30 seconds left.

With the game in the balance, the Tigers gave the ball to Torres for the extra point, taking the game with the successful extra point.

The PAT completed the Tigers comeback attempt, winning 26-25.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *